top of page
Turtle Lake, Our Story
"After the Chicago, Northwestern railroad was extended about five miles north of Turtle Lake, the Knapp Stout Lumber Company began to ship their supplies to be unloaded at Turtle Lake, referring to the lakes and not the town.
When the post office was established it was natural to continue the use of Turtle Lake rather than Skowhagen [its original name]; thus, the change was made.
On February 12, 1898, the Village of Turtle Lake was platted on land belonging to Joel Richardson, nephew of Stephen Richardson." (www.turtlelakewi.com)
Learn more by visiting the Turtle Lake Museum! TURTLE LAKE MUSEUM
bottom of page